Date:      Sat, 05 May 2001 15:26:33 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DELL Latitude 400 and pccard?

> From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
> Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 08:55:08 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> >   irq     7 9
>
> btw, i have my lpt disabled on my laptop as i have not used a parallel port
> since 1948.  others may want to delete the "7" above.

If the parallel port is disabled in BIOS, I'd leave it there and let
the pccard interface use it. My wi device runs fine at IRQ 7 as long
as I disable it in BIOS. (If it's enabled in BIOS, I get weird behavior
and a non-functional wi device.)

My entire pccard.conf file now consists of a single line:
irq      7 9

If you disable the second serial port, you can add IRQ 3 to the
list. The wi worked fine there, too.

The "insert /etc/pccard_wi $device" line is no longer needed as
pccard_ether will now call /etc/start_if.${interface} on insertion and
you can put any wicontrol or other special initialization stuff in
there.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)