Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:55:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Tom Jackson <tom@geotec.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Have PDP

Really?

You know, I've quite regretted dumping my 11/23 and 11/73 systems some
years back.....What kind of tape drives? What drive controller cards?
Probably, if it's an 11/83 (very late model) they'll be MSCP. I'm pretty
sure folks I know could locate some disk h/w for you- although maybe by
now this stuff has all been et up by entropy.

It's a boat anchor for running a full fledged Unix system, but there's
lots of neat older Unix systems to run on it and lots of clever systems
like RSX-11 or RT-11 to run. It'd be a sick^H^H^H^Hneat research project
to see
whether NFS could be implemented for something this old (and 16 bit word
size too!).

This is all quite interesting because at OSDI Chuck Cranor gave me the URL
for the PDP-11 *simulator* that one can run RSTS or various PDP-11 Unix
systems in:

	http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mader/delta