Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 20:22:06 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aled Treharne <taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk>
To:        Robin Melville <robmel@innotts.co.uk>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: And now for something completely different

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Robin Melville wrote:
> PS. be happy to tape them, but you'll have to get the conversion done
> yourself. However, I've never yet had a tape/floppy get through customs
> X-ray/general handling without being erased.

I've found that if you wrap the offending object in bubble-wrap, then an
envelope and put on the envelope something scarily technical like:
"Magnetic Data Storage Media enclosed - DO NOT X-RAY!
    For details on contents please contact:
      <your address>"

They'll be too scared and won't x-ray it. I have had several phone calls
from HM Customs (UK) asking me what was in the package, but after telling
them they usually say ok, and let it through unharmed. Dunno if anyone
else has any experience of other countries' Customs.

BTW, on the subject of Channel 4, I would like to thank whoever it was
that pointed out the difference between Wales, England and the UK,
although I'm not sure of their comment! :)

S4C (the Welsh version of Channel 4) is a *very* alternative channel with
some very strange things on late at night ( like The Word - a pathetic
attempt at combining after-watershed events and a talkshow). I haven't
watched a lot of Channel 4, so I can't comment on it, but S4C is mainly
Welsh language programs.

	  	   Aled Treharne		felix@royal.net
"Big Bird meets Salvador Dali has been brought to you by the numbers L and
                            ), and by the letter 3."
         For PGP Public key finger taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk