Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/36456: csh(1) manual references wrong "signal.h".

The following reply was made to PR docs/36456; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: 28 Mar 2002 23:11:35 -0800

 Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org> writes:

 > Why?  Anyone who knows enough C to read /usr/include/signal.h can easily
 > spot the #include that leads to /usr/include/sys/signal.h:

 Because man page readers might not know any C so he can find the correct
 file but anyone can easily recognize the list of signals in the correct
 file.  Even C readers, especially if not Unix people familiar with signals,
 would waste considerable time figuring it out.  It took me a while.

 > But more importantly, csh.1 is hard linked to tcsh.1.gz which comes from
 > contrib/ source (the source of /usr/src/contrib/tcsh).  If any changes are
 > made to that file, they should probably be made in the tcsh developer's
 > source and imported to FreeBSD verbatim when a newer version of tcsh is
 > imported to our source.

 I suspect that it's wrong because the tcsh developer's layout is
 different, but that's about all I have to say on it.  (If you don't want
 to fix it one way or the other, I don't see any good reason to not leave
 it open for someone who cares about this low-priority stuff.)