Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:12:29 -0500
From:      "Hamilton, Kent" <KHamilton@Hunter.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Installing using CAM -- Help!

Ok, it's a week and about 9 CAM installs later and I still
don't have a working server.  At this point I'm willing to
pay someone to come get this server installed and working.
So far I've seen panics caused by things I didn't even
know caused panics, I've gotten very good at installing
the OS, but I still don't have a system that will boot
and run.  Can *anyone* out there give me a hand with
this?  I know the driver is beta, etc, but I got forced
in to this machine by Dell, so if someone can help please
drop me a note and I'll send any details you would like.

The panic I'm getting right now is:

. . .
Changing root device to st0s2a
panic: cannot mount root

Which is back to the original one I started with below.
I've also seen kernel in-page panics, right after rc
finishes, but before getty is spawned, etc, etc.

--
Kent Hamilton          Work:  KHamilton@Hunter.COM
Sr Systems Admin        URL:  http://www.hunter.com/