Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 2021 13:05:43 +0200
From:      Alexandre Ratchov <alex@caoua.org>
To:        KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@truefc.org>
Cc:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mic does not work with Zoom on Chromium 92.0.4515.159.

On Mon, Oct 04, 2021 at 07:52:40PM +0900, KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko wrote:
> Hi, Hans
>
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2021 19:27:32 +0900,
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 10/4/21 12:17 PM, KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko wrote:
> > > I'm now trying to webrct meeting by zoom on chromium-92.0.4515.159_1.
> >
> >  From my understanding, you will need to install, configure and use
> > audio/sndio to get this working reliably. I'm not sure if we have any
> > maintainers for the OSSv4 audio backends in Chrome.
>
> sndiod already has been worked :
>
> kiri@smtp:~[1050]% ps -ax| grep sndiod
> 81003  -  IsJ   0:30.29 /usr/local/bin/sndiod
> 86214  9  S+J   0:00.00 grep sndiod
> kiri@smtp:~[1051]%
>
> and I confirmed chromium set to SNDIO option "on" :

Try to figure out if this is caused by sndiod or chromium: start
recording a small file:

aucat -o /tmp/test.wav

make few seconds of sound then press ^C. Then play the file:

aucat -i /tmp/test.wav

and check that it contains the sounds. With no options, sndiod will
use the first audio device, most probably the internal sound card.