Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:43:28 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Yong-Jhen Hong <winard@ms11.url.com.tw>
Cc:        i18n@FreeBSD.ORG, NIIMI Satoshi <sa2c@sa2c.net>
Subject:   Re: MB_CHAR_MAX in EUC encoding

Lie hor Yong-Jhen,

-On [20020327 20:15], Yong-Jhen Hong (winard@ms11.url.com.tw) wrote:
>I have tried to make a new locale setting (specifically, a LC_CTYPE
>file) which is of EUC encoding, but it didn't work. After dumping codes
>of some multibyte strings and their corresponding widechar strings, I
>found only one of four codesets breaks - and it's byte length is 4,
>which is lesser than the hard-coded length in euc.c (__mb_cur_max = 3).
>
>This confuses me, does EUC really limit byte length of its codeset to 3?
>I have made a patch to let this locale work (listed below), but if it
>breaks something please let me know. Thank you!

I cc:'d Satoshi-san on this email since I recently fixed an EUC encoding
problem, which he submitted a patch for.

Satoshi, I haven't had a chance to read up on the specifications yet, so I
appreciate it if you could comment on this.

Arigato,

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / asmodai / Kita no Mono
asmodai@[wxs.nl|xmach.org], finger asmodai@ninth-circle.org