Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:52:25 -0400
From:      John Von Essen <john@essenz.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mergemaster -i

I should have elaborated a bit more. The -STABLE builds that I do are
on "OLD" FreeBSD machines, like 4.4-STABLE and so on. This is why
mergemaster takes so long, because practically every file has a diff
that needs to be looked at.

So I sit there and hit "i" for every page - wasting alot of time. For
example, with fsck there is an option the forces YES for all the block
repairs. Can't there be an option in mergemaster to automatically force
"i" for every file, in addition to files that dont exist in /etc?

-John

President, Essenz Consulting (www.essenz.com)
Phone: (800) 248-1736
Fax: (800) 852-3387