Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:13:44 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Lawrence Sica <larry@interactivate.com>
Cc:        Rodrigo Campos <camposr@MATRIX.COM.BR>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wrapping sshd

Lawrence Sica wrote:

> sshd can do this within it's own config file already.

	True, but I've always found it more convenient to have all of my system
access limits in the same file. (Well, two files, hosts.allow and
rc.firewall, so I really don't want a third...)

> The reasons for not
> running it in inetd are pretty much the same for not wrapping it.

	No, not running it out of inetd is a whole different issue. The theory
is that sshd is more reliable than inetd, and you always want to be able
to get into your system. I have always thought that the sshd authors
were a bit grandiose on that topic.. :)

Doug
--
  "While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it
seems,

       - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"