Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 23:06:40 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache port and http://www.vex.net/php/

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Would you like to integrate it into your apache port or do you
> think it's getting to complicated then ?

I simple don't have a time to play with... :-)

> Would you like to do the port, since you already maintain
> apache or would you prefer, that I create another port like
> "apache-php" ?!

I think it is better if this addition will be controlled by
some sort of environment variable during apache build.
Separate port can be only the form picked up durign apache build,
not true separate port, because true separate port makes adding
of more modules harder.

> We should take into consideration, that soon more apache
> modules might show up ... How would you like this apache
> module stuff be handeled ?!

I think set of environment variables is the way to control
apache soup, but maybe more nice ways exists I don't know.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@null.net>