Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:21:37 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 support on Ultra 10 with framebuffer card

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:13:09PM +0100, Jason Mann wrote:

> I understand that XFree86 is not currently supported by 5.2.1-RELEASE, due
> to a lack of some kind of console support.
>
> Is this also the case if you have a UPA framebuffer card fitted, such as the
> Creator3D?

Yes, I'm afraid so.  We have Creator3D working on Ultra-30/Ultra-60
but my Ultra-10 test machine locks up solid after blanking the screen
if the Creator3D support is enabled in the kernel.

It's something I'll look into at some point if nobody else gets a chance
to look into it, though it will take me a while.  I've been working on
fixing a regression that happened with syscons, which I might have a
patch for (initial version has been sent to someone for comment :-).
Once that's done there is a lot of pressure for getting KSE to work,
if it doesn't sparc64 will probably slip out of Tier-1 status.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu