Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:08:04 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Daniel Rock <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sedlbauer Winspeed and 3.0-current

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 05:42:11AM +0200, Daniel Rock wrote:
> Hi,

> Therefor I hacked the i4b source. The patch below allows you to use the
> winspeed card without the PnP code. You can now configure your card as usual:
>
> options         "SEDLBAUER"
> device          isic0   at isa? port 0x100 net irq 10 flags 0x18 vector
> isicintr
>
> (no I4B_PNP)
>
> Beware: The port and irq value aren't really probed.

No. This is what PnP should do. Not using PnP is not an option for this
card. PnP support will be improved in the next I4B snapshot.
(remember this is experimental code ;)
BTW: if you read the mailing list, you should know that you need another
dummy isic0 device for the currently available i4b snap to get you
running with the sedlbauer card. The pnp code wants to attach the card
as isic1 but this is out of range if your config contains only one
isic device ( and the old i4b code doesn't check this ). This will be
fixed in the next snapshot.

> You may have to boot "-c" and set the PnP configuration manually:
> pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x100 irq0 10 (if this is the only PnP card)

Yes this is how to do it. But you could also use USERCONFIG(_BOOT) and
/kernel.config for this . ( don't know if the new boot loader supports
this.)

1) use PnP
2) use boot -c
3) have two isic0 devices

and everything should be alright without removing the PnP code.

--
German Tischler            tanis@gaspode.franken.de
Apple eaten (core dumped)  tanis@cip.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de