Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:09:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        tcobb@staff.circle.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAM?

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 tcobb@staff.circle.net wrote:

> There have been a few threads about a FreeBSD PAM implementation off and
> on over the past 6 months.  My understand was that someone had done an
> initial hack of it.  Who?  Where?  Does it work? :)

I think Mike Smith did an initial hack, as you call it, but then was
swamped with millions of other tasks :-). Last time I asked (2 weeks ago?)
it seemed that it's left rotting in the corner.

I for one could do something with it (or with something similar), because
I all the time have to hack login and ftp to support SecurID tokens, and
besides I'm going to try to hack a radius-ified login. But all of this is
pretty hackish under current authentication scheme - there is no clean
solution, and the same things are scattered in multiple places... :-/

If you think there is some auth scheme/package that would be worth
implementing, I might take a look at it.

Andrzej Bialecki