Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:09:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        chad@pobox.com (Chad Monteith)
Cc:        nathan@senate.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XWin and Mouse

> Original messages below,
> 	The config is XF86Config is correct and moused is not running.  There was
> some daemon called adjkernd (Or something like that).  What is it and what
> does it do?
> 	Also, what file to I edit to add more Virtual Terminals?  Is it /etc/ttys?
>  Is there a way to have the system "reload" the ttys file without a reboot
> to make it recognize the new VTerms?

The ttys file is reloaded by restarting init, kill -HUP 1. There are two
things that I've seen go wrong with this, and haven't reported because
I thought they were my fault; so tell me if you see them:

	1) Init then starts up a second init, which, FreeBSD won't let you kill.
	2) Some things, like removal of a pppd on cuaa3, won't take affect if
	you comment them out or even delete the line.

Otherwise you should be fine. I guess I must have fucked something up :-)