Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:06:01 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
To:        Rich Reynolds <rich@redstar-assoc.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS-UP] Quick update to 14.0-RELEASE schedule

Thank you for that.

Glen
Sent from my phone.
Please excuse my brevity and/or typos.

> On Nov 15, 2023, at 11:17 PM, Rich Reynolds <rich@redstar-assoc.com> wrote=
:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFOn 11/15/23 20:19, Pete Wright wrote:
>>> On 11/15/23 16:30, Glen Barber wrote:
>>> The alternative would be to say nothing at all.
>>>=20
>>> Either way, it is a productivity, communication drain.  It is
>>> a lose-lose situation no matter how one looks at it given the above
>>> context.  We either get chastised for being "too open" into insights
>>> delaying an official announcement, or for being "not open enough" when
>>> there is silence from RE when a release does not meet its scheduled
>>> announcement date.
>> Glen I appreciate your transparency and the efforts you have done to keep=
 everyone in the loop.  I think people get excited about new releases, which=
 is probably a good thing.  IMHO i feel you've been striking a good balance.=

>> As an operator these updates are really helpful for me as it allows me to=
 adjust timelines on my end for updating my fleet of servers. You and the RE=
 team do an incredible job - and personally I am thankful for the caution an=
d common sense you all bring to this complex process.