Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:47:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AFS.

Yup, there's been chatter on this in a number of forums.  I must admit
that I am very please -- the Arla client is great, but Milko has a long
way to go before it is production quality.  Having access to the
Transarc/IBM source will presumably greatly facilitate the development of
Arla, and also allow use of the IBM code in the mean time (Arla is under a
liberal BSD-style license, whereas I would guess the IBM code will be
under something like the Netscape license?).  In any case, once the code
is out there, I'd be glad to participate in getting it running on FreeBSD.
We may be able to leverage existing work by the Arla folk on rx and lwp to
do that.

Finally, a production-quality, real, free distributed file system.

  Robert N M Watson