Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:30:35 -0300 (BRT)
From:      "Giovanni P. Tirloni" <gpt@tirloni.org>
To:        "Aaron Glenn" <aaron.glenn@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd ataraid situation

Aaron Glenn disse:
> On 7/11/05, Giovanni P. Tirloni <gpt@tirloni.org> wrote:
>>  But I'd like to ask if it'd theoretically be possible to create the
>> RAID1
>> array (ar0) with only one disk and add the second one later? It'd work
>> like a broken array for some time. It's just an idea :)
>
> What is the advantage of building a faulty array?

 I'd be able to work on this server right now and add the second disk when
it arrives without reinstalling everything.

 I'm not complaining or anything.. I know it's not a commom situation and
I'm already looking for something that doesn't involve such hack (suck as
waiting the second disk).

 It's late and I can't think about anything that would make my system
installed on ad4 to become ar0 (ad4+ad6) without much work and another
spare disk as a temporary storage.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni