Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:42:34 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange console/log message

spork wrote:

> I saw this in highlighted text on a console today, this is the
> corresponding log entry:
>
> Apr 28 18:13:47 www /kernel: Output=32 Inflate_error=8 igz.error=8
> error2=0 where=182
>
> I really don't know what this means.  Any ideas?
>
> Charles Sprickman
> spork@super-g.com
> ----

  I got one of these today also, but it was when I was in the middle of
copying some files and I switched my computer from  a 10bt hub  to a
100bt hub.
Output=32 Inflate_error=8 igz.error=8 error2=0 where=180
tx0: device timeout 16 packets

Curious, what version of freebsd do you have, and what kind of network
card?