Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 23:25:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>
To:        matt@bdd.net (Matthew Stein)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, core@xfree86.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 on Current

> The current X312E binaries avialable on ftp.freebsd.org are now out of
> date, and expire.  Some of us require the betas, and can *almost* use the
> new F binaries available on ftp.xfree86.org.

F has some problems.  G will be out *very*, *very* soon.

> I say almost, because is built with libc.so.2.2, which is no longer in
> current.  The X312E binaries in
> ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/XFree86/2.2-CURRENT/XF86312E worked fine, but
> are out of date now.
>
> Are there plans to replace these binaries with ones that will run without
> the compat21 options?  Or, am I just missing something?

No.  We build against the latest release version, not against -current.
That said, I'm building G against 2.2-960801-SNAP as we speak and will
make them available if the rest of the XFree86 core team doesn't have
a problem.

robin (robin@XFree86.Org)
--
----
Robin Cutshaw         internet: robin@interlabs.com

    "Time is just one damn thing after another" -- PBS/Nova
----