Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:40:27 GMT
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/71529: (Strongly!) suggested change to listed address for postmaster@

The following reply was made to PR docs/71529; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To: david@catwhisker.org, roam@ringlet.net
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, jmb@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

 >Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:09:13 +0300
 >From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
 >To: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
 >Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, jmb@FreeBSD.org
 >Subject: Re: docs/71529: (Strongly!) suggested change to listed address for postmaster@

 >> [PR about postmaster@FreeBSD.org email address documentation]

 >All right then - so, combined with jmb's reply, this would yield the
 >following patch, added as the fourth patch now at
 >http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/pm/ with the result at
 >http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/pm/contrib-pm-team-dhw.html#STAFF-WHO

 Yup.

 >> :-)  Just recall Victor Borge's line (referring to the English
 >> language):  "It's *your* language; I'm just trying to *use* it!"

 >Yeah, only it's not mine - or did you mean it the other way round? :)

 The latter -- Borge was Danish.  :-)

 >> >If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.

 >> ....  Hofstadter ....

 >Give the man a cigar!  I've been using Hofstadter's sample sentences in
 >email sigs for some time now; the full list that I'm using is available
 >at http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/misc/hoflines.txt :)

 I had noticed, but hadn't overcome the inertia enough to get around to
 commenting.  :-}

 [I actually bought a copy of _Goedel, Escher, Bach: An Eternel Golden
 Braid_ for a young lady some years ago.  And she married me anyway....]

 Peace,
 david
 Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the
 word "speed" in contexts referring to quantification of network
 performance, as opposed to "bandwidth" or "latency."