Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:14:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@eis.net.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling cvsup, what a joke

> > On 3 out of 4 machines trying to build cvsup failed, in all cases during the
> > build of the silly modula 3 libraries. I gave up on the other 6 machine.
>
> Your machines are either misconfigured or you simply do not know what
> you are doing.

They are all stock 2.2.-RELEASE machines with the bin and src distributions
installed.

The steps followed were:

cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup

make all install

Not much to it don't you think?

The only machine it worked on was my home test machine running 2.2.1-RELEASE
that has 48MB RAM, 1.4GIG free, and X-windows installed.

- Ernie.