Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:22:03 +0100
From:      Jaeckel Joachim <Joachim.Jaeckel@mgi.de>
To:        "'Amancio Hasty'" <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: something like video4linux the 2. (some thoughts...)

> What you want is more  video capture device drivers for different =
video
> capture boards using the bt848 ioctl interface which is sufficiently
general
> to accomodate most video capture programs.

Okay, I see the problems for existing ports, if there would be another
interface
to video-capture-boards, but (please don=B4t hit me) wouldn=B4t it be =
easier for
new
programs (or existing programs from the linux-community) to port to =
FreeBSD
if
we had v4l compatible devices?
(Maybe I should take a closer look to the bt848 ioctl interface first,
before I=20
post this, but I=B4m currently have no access to it.)

Excuse me, these questions are not for discussing fundamental things of =
the
FreeBSD video capture device-driver part, it=B4s only for me to gather =
some
information, what would be the best way to implement a new video =
capture
board
driver!

Thanks in advance.