Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 11:19:58 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Nils Holland" <nils@daemon.tisys.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re:  The road ahead?

]I guess that if I find ten our so NIMDA entries in my logs after having
]been connected for only an hour, a whole lot of Windows machines will still
]have to be infected, and that *months* after patches started to be
]available. This probably proves that many people don't really know what
]they are doing.
]
]Greetings
]Nils

Absolutely....and furthermore, they don't really care, I guess.
<sarcasm> We had to have electricity, we had to have phone,
we had to have TV,  we had to have cable, we had to have a
dialup to the WWW,  we had to have a cell phone, we have
to get broadband..... and it just sits over there in a corner
of the living room doing "nothing" until I want to shop, read
the news or find hot pix  of Christina Aguilera.  It's in my
house, how can it be hurting anyone else......</sarcasm>

I don't know if this'll mean much to you, being from Germany,
but most of the IP blocks that scan my servers with Nimda
seem to be cable modems in Arkansas.......now I'm sure
that there are several folks there who are much better at
computers than me, but there's a lot of them who are hazardous
to your bandwidth.....

Kevin Kinsey