Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:11:49 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Laptop dilemma (pccard woes)

[forwarded from -questions]

}-----Original Message-----
}From: Otter [mailto:otterr@telocity.com]
}Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 12:20 PM
}To: FreeBSD Questions
}Subject: Laptop dilemma (pccard woes)
}
}Regis, can I phone a friend? I recently got a Toshiba
}Satellite 330CDS and eventually got the pccard NIC working,
}and am quite happy with it now. One of the guys I work with
}is a potential BSD convert, and I offered to install on his
}Toshiba Satellite 225CDS laptop for him. I was able to use
}the pccard NIC to do an FTP install over the LAN here, but
}now I can't get it to recognize it since the reboot. I've
}removed the word "disable" from the pcic1 line in the kernel
}(as I had to do on the other laptop). I've copied the
}pccard.conf from /etc/defaults to /etc. I've enabled it in
}/etc/rc.conf by adding:
}
}pccard_enable="YES"
}pccardd_flags=" -i 10"
}pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
}network_interfaces="ep0 lo0"
}pccard_ifconfig="inet 192.168.1.90  netmask 255.255.255.0"
}(I only pasted the pccard relevant lines)
}
}... I've swapped NIC's from one machine to another. the 3com
}574 works fine on the other machine, but neither NIC is
}found here. In the dmesg, I get a "pccardc /dev/card0:
}device not configured" error, yet there are card0-3 in my
}/dev. I noticed there's not even any pcic0 entries in my
}dmesg, unlike the machine that it works on.
}
}Also, doing a "pccardc dumpcis" reports "0 slots found". I
}installed through the NIC, so I know it's compatible. Anyone
}have ideas on what I've missed?
}
}-Otter
}