Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:54:34 -1000 (HST)
From:      Gary Blumenstein <garyb@fly.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw rule needed

Folks,

Can anyone help me define a working rule combination that allows smtp
traffic to and from a specific host sitting outside my firewall?  By
default, I block all ip traffic to the network where this particular host
resides, so I want to install a a more specific rule earlier in the chain
that preferably defines the port numbers on both the inbound and outbound
packet (ie. port 25 and corresponding "ack" response flags on ports >
1024)

Thanks for any help!

-Gary

P.S.  Also, is there a FAQ (besides the FreeBSD faq) for this mailing
list?  I'm a new member.

--
garyb@fly.com