Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:04:42 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@qualys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is -STABLE broken ?

Maxime Henrion wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> I cvsupped the FreeBSD soruce one hour ago and can't make world.

Did you do a cvsup with src-all so that you get the cryto files? I
just did a cvsup of 4.1 stable and nothing in crypto has changed since
last night when I cvsup'ed 4-stable and rebuilt my system.

Kent

> The make buildworld died three times at the _same_ place with this error
> message :
>
> cc -O -pipe -DTERMIOS -DANSI_SOURCE -DNO_IDEA
> -I/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto
> -I/usr/obj/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto -DL_ENDIAN
> -DDEVRANDOM=\"/dev/urandom\" -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include -c
> /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/x509v3/v3_conf.c
> -o v3_conf.o
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 4
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> It's weird because signal 4 is SIGILL, and means that an illegal
> instruction has been caught. (exception #6 if I remember right). So it
> looks like a bug in the compiler.
> Here is my uname -a ouput :
>
> FreeBSD nebula.org 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Sun Aug  6 14:11:38
> CEST 2000     root@nebula.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/NEBULA  i386
>
> and the output of cc -v is :
>
> Using builtin specs.
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Maxime Henrion

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg