Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:31:39 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, abial@nask.pl, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3.0 SNAPshot CDROM about ready for production..

> I would be inclined to buy a SNAP CD cut in a couple of more weeks
> when the VM situation has stabilized.  But if one was cut now I would
> rather just take the extra time to download for free.

1. I think people are overrating the degree of VM instability
   here.  I'm running the very latest on the SNAP server, for example,
   and it does 2 full releases every day without a problem.  The same
   holds true for my 3.0 gateway machine, my 3.0 test box, etc etc.

2. If history is anything to go by, a couple of more weeks will not
   "stabilize" the VM system, it will merely move the area of
   instability to somewhere else. :)

> If you want to sell more SNAP CDs it might be good to wait.

Again, there's no specific event to wait *for* and I really do wish
people would grasp that.  Do not wait for Godot, he's not coming! ;)

					Jordan