Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:11:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: Disk I/O problem in 4.3-BETA

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

:
:That's really funny, about 4-5 years ago I talked to someone who
:had just finished interviewing a potential candidate who had been
:working in the HPUX devel team (i think).  And talked about a
:"a weird problem when we have lots of IO".
:
:Does that even come close to the same time period?

It was more recent than that.  There have been other IO problems, some
of them truely bizarre.  Things like certain SCSI busses getting a
lowered priority based on what was installed on different HP-PA bus. ( I
don't know the details of that one, it was given as the reason a machine
had a goofy device layout) Something like that would only show up if the
PA bus were close to being saturated, which would be a weird problem
when you had lots of IO.  Of course, this being HPUX, they might have had
the same bug more than once. (It's a one time thing, it just happens a
lot..., indeed)

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.