Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:29:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1a

Dear Stables,

   gs dumps core   Bus error

    Thanks to several people who recommended "on the money"
instructions.  These got my StarOffice installed, but ..

    It seems that Star Office only prints postscript, and
evidently my printer (HP Office Jet Pro 1150C) can't handle
postscript.

    I installed Ghostscript 5.10 (and also tried 5.5) and it
dumps core.  exited on signal 10 (core dumped) Bus error.

    I installed gs on another machine that is nearly identical
to this one (both running FreeBSD 3.3).  'gs -h' command
there does fine.

    I made a new kernel here using the kernel config file from
the other machine, in the hope that the difference lay in
a few lines that I had to change here to install soffice
and get the printer working.  No luck.  'gs -h' still
dumps core here.
FreeBSD barnesos.com 3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #0: Mon Nov  1 07:44:46 CST 1999     wayne@barnesos.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENEBONE  i386

Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq.com