Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2005 02:38:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Barkley <stuartb@4gh.net>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Project Launches Improved Website

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 at 17:12 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:

> We hope you find the new website both easier to navigate and more
> aesthetically pleasing.  We look forward to improving the site
> further over the coming weeks as we work to bring a fresh face to
> the FreeBSD web presence.

Don't override my font attributes for normal text!  "font-size: 69%;"
is complete overkill.  I have my browser set to display text in the
font-size and font-face I want.  Displaying characters 2/3rd the size
I specified isn't good.

Unlike lots of other web sites the new FreeBSD web site does not
override my font-face.  That is good, I worked hard to get my browser
to display characters in readable fonts.

If smaller fonts are needed for people with broken or poorly
configured browsers make that the css option.

As others have noted, some of the fixed pixel size elements interact
poorly with the larger fonts.  The basic pages still never effectively
get larger the 800 pixels wide.

Also, there should be a site map.  If you know something is there you
should be able to find it easily.  It took me some doing to find the
link to the ports.