Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:40:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New 3.0 SNAPshot CDROM about ready for production..

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>Again, there's no specific event to wait *for* and I really do wish
>people would grasp that.  Do not wait for Godot, he's not coming! ;)

If'n I remember correctly, the SNAP CD's are not so much for the general
masses as they are for people who want an easy way at the bits -- the CVS-
tree-on-a-CD, want to play with the new stuff, whatever.  At no point does
this imply anything about stability, it's just "Here's a snapshot of what
we're up to!  Have fun!"

This isn't a *RELEASE* CD, folks.  It's just "development", and you get
the good with the bad.  If you want stability, wait for the 2.2.6 CD which
will be right on the tails of the SNAP CD (I think).

Brian