Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 1995 22:16:34 -0700
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whee - I've got my MBONE feed..

> On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
>> Well, here is the scoop on VAT:
>>
>> o vat does not work with the sound driver in sys-current.
>
> This could be because many (all?) ioctls are still broken for /dev/dsp
> and /dev/audio in current (for example SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT is broken).
> Steven could you please look into this if you can?  Your last set of
> commits seemed to break these options.  Thanks...

Someone (ugen?) changed some IOCTL's in soundcard.h which use _IOR instead
of _IORW like it should.  Old software that was compiled now is
incompatible.  This was about the time of my changes, although
I did not change any code.

I have no idea what is the matter with SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT.
It has not changed for a very long time now.
Make sure you do not have any EXCLUDE_* options defined in your
config file.

Steven