Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:43:19 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@wjv.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mat=EEss_Elsbergs?= <matiss@bkc.lv>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: filesystem change after installation

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:05:46PM -0700, Matīss Elsbergs thus sprach:

> Now I have the following problem.

> I recently installed FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE on a production server,
> but, as I was in a hurry, I used defaults for disk dividing to
> various mount points. So, the /var is 20 MBytes, which, as far as
> I'm concerned, is not too many for a mail server :-)

When I have a large volume of mail - as in one system I installed
for a site to replace and aging and tired sun system, the /var
was not large enough for that amount of users.

I don't think you should put a great many things like that in /var
any was.  I just moved /var/mail aside and made a link so that
/var/mail was a symlink to /usr/mail.

> Is there any way to change it? Again, I am asking this question
> after sitting at manual and man pages but I guess I simply don't
> know, where to look.

I'd not do that.  A small /var is good.   Make a symlink and don't
worry.

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com