Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:06:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        jhb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hm@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fix (Re: panic: mutex i4b_isic_rx already initialized)

On 25 Okt, John Baldwin wrote:

>>> current as of Oct. 21 (~12am CET), I just booted with a new kernel+world
>>> and tried to dial out.
>>
>> At least the attached patch (against -current as of today morning) makes
>> me able to dial out and send out this mail.
>
> Ideally the algo would be changed to not try and init the mutex twice, but I
> haven't looked at the code in detail.

There are maybe other parts of i4b which need a similar fix, but this
particular fix is enough for me to be able to dial out again. I needed a
quick fix.

Possible other candidates (I just did a "grep -r mtx_init
/sys/i4b/layer1/"):
 /sys/i4b/layer1/ifpnp/i4b_ifpnp_avm.c
 /sys/i4b/layer1/iwic/i4b_iwic_bchan.c
 /sys/i4b/layer1/ihfc/i4b_ihfc_drv.c
 /sys/i4b/layer1/ifpi/i4b_ifpi_pci.c

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.