Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:20:54 -0800
From:      "gerry link" <gne5@onebox.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Off-topic-  Free/PicoBSD vs OpenBSD?

Sorry, this is off-topic however I cound't think of a better group to
ask off hand.

I have a copy of OpenBSD 3.0, and was wondering what are the biggest
differences between it and Free/Pico.

I understand the SMP is much better in Free, however is there anything
else that clearly sets Free above Open?  Not trying to start a religious
flame-war.

And, for someone with limited *nix experience, would it be detrimental
to work with Open before Free, or are they pretty similar, as compared
to going from BSD to Linux?

Thanks for the responses everyone.  Its nice to be on a group that doesn't
have a high noie ratio.  Though I guess I am the noise here :P

Fred

--
gerry link
gne5@onebox.com - email