Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 17:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        linuxisp@lightning.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, os2-isp@dental.stat.com
Subject:   International ISP association -- check this out

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 01:49:49 +0200
From: Ray Davis <ray@carpe.net>
To: ISP/C <ispc-list@i1.net>
Subject: International Status

Hi Folks,

Here's a quick update on the international state of ISP/C.  But first
a little bit about who I am.

Well, I'm Ray Davis, Secretary and European Director of the ISP/C.
It looks like I'm the only board member with two jobs.  :)  I'm also
one of the founders and the technical director for carpeNet - an ISP
in the Frankfurt/Wiesbaden area of Germany.  carpeNet specializes in
ISDN dialup and leased line access for businesses, as well as web
hosting, design, etc.

Kevin Crocker (kevin@rrt.com) is our Canadian Director, so we have
two non-US based people on the board.  Together we will be trying to
organize the international side of the ISP/C.  We're looking for
members and we're looking for area/country representatives - not only
in Canada and Europe, but Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa
(all the other Big `A's).  If any other international folks are out
there and interested in being an ISP/C member or area/country
representative, please let me know.  Or email me if you have any
questions (ray@carpe.net).

For our prospective European members, the ISP/C is in the process of
opening a US Dollar bank account in Germany.  Jamie Smallacombe, our
Treasurer, is pulling together the necessary paperwork and filling
out some German forms (with the help of my wife :)).  Having this
bank account will make it easier and cheaper for European members to
pay their dues.

As Secretary I am trying to keep us organized and archived.  The
board of directors now have a private area on our European web server.
Here we will store schedules, work on documents and put up test web
pages, etc, for the rest of the board to check out before releasing
to the world.

Again, give me a shout if you're international and have some interest.

Cheers,
Ray
___
Ray Davis                               carpeNet Information Technologies GmbH
ray@carpe.net    http://www.carpe.net/    +49-6192-901440  +49-6192-901441 fax