Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:21:19 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu
Cc:        branson@widomaker.com, grog@freefall.freebsd.org, meltedice@kuentos.guam.net, chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysadmin magazine

> You might consider proposing that they do (out of journalistic
> fairness) an entire issue on FreeBSD.  This would give you more time
> to scope out and write the articles.

One could try, but I doubt the response would be better than ``Huh?
Whazzat FreeBSD stuff?''

I base this solely on my own experience when I approached O'Reilly &
Associates about a FreeBSD book.  They did recognize it, but, they
outright said no and that Linux was the only way to go.

A better alternative might be to write a comparison article for their
upcoming Linux issue; or just to submit FreeBSD-specific articles for
future issues.  If they do an issue of security, do an article on
FreeBSD's packet filtering and firewalling.  Etc.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov