Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:48:45 +0000
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        vova@fbsd.ru
Subject:   Re: gnome-terminal real slow

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>> My main question is whether this is FreeBSD specific or if it happens on
>> Linux boxes, as well.
>
> It is slow on Linux too, there are plenty of Linux users that are
> complaining about it too. ;-) Althought, it was a lot better than what
> it was in GNOME 2.0 - 2.2.

Not for me. gnome-terminal runs fine (a quite slow but fine) in 2.2,
much better in 2.4 (especially around the time since ULE scheduler
is in kernel and KSE is default thread library, but that doesn't need
to be the reason), but it breaks down the starting speed and opening
new tabs and switching between them since 2.6.

So something must happened since there :-(

Could it be that some package dependencies from x11/gnome2 to
x11/gnome2-lite (that I've deinstalled when not required for
gnome2-lite) can cause this sloppy reaction?

Best regards,
Jens