Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:22:17 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@rush.aero.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich), wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, michaelh@cet.co.jp, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cable modems

> Oh, and the reason we have VHS is because the people who came
> up with it lied to the consumers about its technical merits
> relative to Beta; you can only make a decision as good as the
> information you are given to make it.

	I think one could make an argument that the old Usenet adage
that the discussion's over when someone invokes the Nazis in the argument,
applies in technical newsgroups to Beta vs. VHS.

	FWIW, I don't own a VHS machine.  I tape all my stuff in Beta II.
It is my semi-lighthearted mission to avoid the VHS format entirely,
until digital TV eliminates it.  At least in its current form.  Yes,
Sony still makes Beta players and beta tape, and yes, you can find both
here in LA.  I do.

Mike O'Brien