Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/39025: Minor changes in section 3.9 of the Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/39025; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To: keramida@FreeBSD.org
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:19:15 +0200

 On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 05:30:15PM -0700, keramida@FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > 	<para>When adding a new device to your system, or compiling in
 > 	  support for additional devices, you might need to create a
 > 	  one or more devices node for the new devices.</para>
 >
 > What do you think?

 Indeed better.

 > : -	<para>On systems without DEVFS, device nodes are created
 >
 > The option in the kernel config file is DEVFS (capitalized).
 > I think this should probably stay DEVFS or even <literal>DEVFS</literal>.
 >
 > Ditto for the next parts that change DEVFS-related things.

 Yes, the next part is quite confusing with lower/uppercase, the title of
 the part should be:

 or something like that, same for DEVFS-related things. The fact it's
 default in 5-X was a problem at my eyes cause at this moment it's not a
 kernel option anymore, i wondered if i had to "capitalize" or not the
 word.

 Marc