Date:      Mon, 08 May 95 13:18:01 EDT
From:      msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
To:        dbaker@Concorde-Mail.NeoSoft.COM
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager with 3 OS/s

On Sun, 7 May 1995 17:47:48 -0500 (CDT) you wrote:
>>     Brian>     Use OS/2's fdisk to write the boot manager to your
>>     Brian> disk.  It gives you a nicer display than FreeBSD's (menu
>>     Brian> selection, descriptive name of each partition, etc.).  It
>>     Brian> can handle more than 2 OS's, whereas I've never tried
>>     Brian> FreeBSD's with more than two.
>>
>> I've got a system with MS-DOS, OS/2, and FreeBSD ... using FreeBSD's
>> bootmugger.
>> And it works

Likewise.

>How did you set it up?

Install the FreeBSD mugger (I like 8) when you do your FreeBSD
install, or
later, it doesn't matter.  When you install OS/2, stick it into an
extended
partition, and put the OS/2 bootmanager into a partition of its own.

The FreeBSD mugger will see the OS/2 bootmanager as an OS/2 partition,
so
you can 'boot' it.  Configure the OS/2 bootmanager to boot OS/2 as the
default, with a timeout of 0 seconds, and it will rip straight into
it.
DOS should be installed in an 'ordinary' primary partition.

I'd suggest doing it DOS, OS/2, FreeBSD, reconfigure OS/2 bootmanager.

# Mike Smith
# Software Engineer, Genesis Software
# Adelaide Radar Systems/ATRAD
# +61-8-267-3039