Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 01:47:41 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenLinux still behind BSD....

> http://www8.zdnet.com/pcweek/reviews/0616/16linux.html
>
> Contains a mini-review of OpenLinux, a product intended to set up small
> network servers, get a foothold into the corporate workspace, etc. The
> salient point of the review is when they said setup was still for
> administrators only, it did not auto-detect all of their hardware
> correctly, and finding drivers was a problem. Next, they say setting up
> FreeBSD on the same h/w was no problem. No links, no description of the
> product, nothing. But a "better than" still beats a poke in the eye with
> a sharp stick. :-)

Indeed.  It also gave me the chance to pitch the author for a FreeBSD
review, which I've just done. :)

Now I don't think it would help to mailbomb the guy, exactly, but if a
few folks wanted to pipe up with "hey, tell us more about the FreeBSD
thing!" sorts of responses to this article, it might also positively
affect his views on the merits of doing a FreeBSD review. :)

					Jordan