Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 17:47:16 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_de.c ????

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Tim Tsai wrote:
>   I had no trouble incorporating if_de.c, but ifconfig support is "broken"
> in 2.2 I believe (I mean broken as in the internal net structure has
> changed enough that it isn't trivial to make it work).  I think Matt
> Thomas's document is based on 2.1.X.  I did not test to see whether the
> 2.2 ifconfig already support the media options.
>
>   After 4 months of fighting if_de.c and losing that support everytime we
> upgrade the kernel, I am just going to buy the Intel boards and see if I
> can sell the 21140-AC boards to people who don't run FreeBSD.  Of course
> now that I say this in public somebody is going to go incorporate the
> if_de code in the FreeBSD kernel..  :-)
>
>   Anybody want to buy a handful of Kingston 10/100Mb PCI cards, cheap?

Yes, of course :-)

But I can also mail you two tar files which you just have to untar every
time you make big changes - btw., it shouldn't be too hard to make make do
it automagically every time you recompile. And yes - ifconfig support is
included. I got them from Robin Cutshaw - may he be well and prosper!

	Sander