Date:      Sun,  9 Aug 1998 00:50:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@pobox.com>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/7515

Quoth dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav ) on , 8 August:
:
: If I were you, I'd be surprised that it actually worked in June rather
: than surprised that it doesn't work now. rsh uses two TCP connections,
: one in each direction. You cannot expect that to work with IP
: aliasing. Disable aliasin, or use ssh if that is not an option.
:

A regression is a bug.  It worked in June, and it works today, if you
back out the changes which caused the regression, the bug.  Frankly I
find this discussion pathetic.  Why bother to report bugs if they are
not going to be treated upon their merits?  Shouldn't you be ashamed
to treat the person who developed and maintains this functionality in
ppp with such disrespect as to direct this information away from him?

I shan't say anything more on this subject in future.  I feel
that reason is of no avail, and that such obduracy is likely to
incite improper emotion.