Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:14:53 -0500
From:      Travis Mikalson <bofh@obiwan.terranova.net>
To:        Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cyclades term server

Damian Hamill wrote:

> Bummer.  I've had to revert to a BSDI term server with a Digiboard
> because the FreeBSD/cyclades solution just wasn't getting there.
How expensive.

> Is ANYONE (successfully) using a cyclades 16Ye on FreeBSD as a term
> server and providing ppp to things like trumpet ?
I'm using a Cyclades 8Yo (not any different to FreeBSD driver-wise) and
FreeBSD...
Joe Greco's wonderful pppgetty does the trick quite nicely, and if I'm
not mistaken the changes he hacked into pppgetty have been committed to
the current source tree.
Works flawlessly with Trumpet Winsock (using PAP), ShivaPPP, Win95, etc.

> If so what
>     getty are you using ?
Joe Greco's pppgetty as stated above.

>     do your user get handshake errors
Nope.

>     do your modems auto answer or do you waitfor RING then send ATA ?
My modems are set to auto-answer.

>     what DTE speeds do you have your modems set to ?
They're locked at 115200.

>     what does your
>         gettytab entry look like ?

# pppgetty
std.115200|115200-baud:\
 :np:sp#115200:
ppp.115200|115200-baud:\
 :np:sp#115200:pp=/etc/ppp/paplogin.sh:

>         rc.serial look like ?
I don't use it.

> regards
> damian (knackered after a day of fighting with this thing)
Keep on keepin' on

Travis
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Inc. - Key Largo, FL

Ocean, n.:
A body of water occupying about two-thirds
of a world made for man -- who has no gills.