Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:20:20 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Sue Blake" <sue@welearn.com.au>
Subject:   Re: First commands

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:24:13 +1000, Sue Blake wrote:

>OK, what are your picks for the most essential/useful commands for
>a raw newbie? And what commands are screaming out for a simple example
>of their use? Here's a starting list. What's missing?

At the top of the list, IMHO, should be apropos (yea, like anyone will
remember how to spell it ;o)
If you had learned apropos early, you could have tried apropos space,
informing you about df and other commands.

Much of this material is already covered quite nicely in Greg's book.
Why do we need to create more documentation that won't be read?  I
guess it may get read because it will be free (poor Greg, his royalties
may fall off).
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.