Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 10:15:29 +-700
From:      Taufik SN Purba <smu_16@jakarta.wasantara.net.id>
To:        "'hackers@FreeBSD.org'" <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "'bugs@FreeBSD.org'" <bugs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   mitsumi CD-ROM

Hello....!

I have a mitsumi CD-ROM drive and I attach it to one of my PC's IDE slot =
(My PC is capable of supporting Enhanced IDE interface.), not to any =
mitsumi interface currently supported by FreeBSD 2.1.0 (it is difficult =
to find such interface card here, in Indonesia). And it works under =
MS-DOS 6.2 using software driver from Creative. But FreeBSD couldn't =
recognize it. I have read in the release notes that FreeBSD is now only =
able to recognize any IDE CD-ROM drive through it's propietary =
interface. But what a good thing to make it also works through any of =
IDE interface (just like SCSI). Creative driver can make it...and I =
believe that FreeBSD will.=20
As addition, my PC is a Pentium PC and has 2 IDE slot. One slot has =
capability of connecting two IDE drive (primary master and primary =
slave) and the other one also has the same capability (secondary master =
and slave).
I attach my CD-ROM drive to the secondary slot (the slave one) and it =
uses I/O address 0x170 and irq 15. I have configured my FreeBSD to refer =
to that I/O address and irq when probing the mcd0/mcd1, but it's still =
not working.
I wish you are able to send me any stuff about this problem. Please send =
reply to me through both of these e-mail address:
 smu_16@jakarta.wasantara.net.id
 kandi@jambi.wasantara.net.id
I'll be very grateful for such reply. Thank's a lot for providing time =
to read and reply my e-mail.

-a FreeBSD lover-
West Java
Indonesia.