Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:31:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /home is full... it's mounted under /

On 27 Mar 2002, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

> And by default, the installer should do something like this:

> P.S.  Maybe if "vinum" didn't have such a intimidating manual, I'd have
> discovered a cleaner solution (which avoided links?).

There are lots of gentle introductions to the ideas you commonly see in
RAID systems. Maybe peruse (he said, picking one at random) docs.sun.com
and look at the solstice disksuite stuff? I'm not joking; their overview
documents start with "for dummies" and go from there. Then have another
look at Greg's stuff when you feel enlightened. Reading around a subject
can be really helpful - identifying similar concepts is part of the
learning process. (That, and sun's doc style is very friendly - ie,
double-spaced, unlike the dense defaults of man pages :-) )