Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 10:42:44 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, eric@ms.uky.edu
Subject:   Re: The VIVA file system (fwd)

[......]

> In any case, the VIVA code is worth pursuing; just not for the reasons
> that seemed to be behind the original posting ("Linux has it, we must
> have it").  If someone wants to pursue it mining for a thesis, it's
> far better than some of the other areas people tend to look to.

I must admit that it looked rather similar to the LFS stuff, so the forwarding
of the message was meant to stimulate some discussion of the merits of both,
rather than as urging for people to play "catch up". I'm getting a little
impatient for LFS and was wondering what was happening.

	Stephen
--
The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation Board of
Queensland, Australia.