Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <jkoshy@FreeBSD.org>
To:        nik@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD versions in the docs

nik> 2. You can use the OS attribute, and duplicate elements with different
nik>   values for this attribute.

[snip]

nik> Incidentally, none of these tackle an important issue -- some changes might
nik> only affect certain releases before being superceded.

If we have a preprocessor, we could have the "os" attribute indicate a
range of releases for which the element content is valid by allowing
the "os" attribute to contain strings like "RELENG_TAG..RELENG_TAG".

Regards,
Koshy
<jkoshy@freebsd.org>